Useful Hints for an Exciting Freshman Year
Now, when you know that all worries about entering a college are in the past and you can proudly call yourself a student, you might encounter some new issues to handle. Your head is full of questions regarding your new way of life. How will I live in a dorm? Will I make friends there? Will I manage to ace classes? Then come more and more questions that can simply make you crazy. No need to panic and lose your sleep, because we have prepared for you some major tips on how to make a freshman year exciting and trouble-free.
- Decide on what you need to buy for a dorm. Stay realistic and choose the things you really need, but not the ones you just like. In addition, you should consider the limited room space, so do not buy some huge stuff. To make this process easier, you should make a list and follow it. There are many good services to help you do that, for example, you may use OneNote.
- Get in touch with your roommate to discuss the shopping list. Making a mutual shopping list is definitely a wise decision, as it will prevent you from buying the same things. If you cannot meet your roommate face-to-face, you may use Office Online. Plus, you should consider the decoration of your room, so both of you like it and feel comfortable in. One more advantage of such communication is that it helps you get to know each other better.
- You should create a class schedule as soon as you settle in a dorm and meet your roommate. A class schedule will help you stay organized and not be late for classes (college professors hate this). To be sure you remember everything and come everywhere on time, you may make use of Microsoft Office 365.
- Make sure you get everything you need for studying, including pens, pencils, and all that stuff. Besides, since we live in the 21st century, you will have to buy some digital tools that are essential for dealing with tons of online assignments you will have throughout college semesters. Considering Office 365 University might be the right solution for you.
- You may want to be a part of progressive youth who prefer digital note taking to writing with pencils. If this is your case, you might be interested in Office Lens to make your studying easier.
- In order to have an interesting yet financially stable college life, you should create a customized budget spreadsheet that will assist with keeping track of the money you spend and the money you still have.
Have a nice freshman year!