Nowadays, due to the hectic lifestyle, many people develop caffeine addiction since they are willing to stay energetic during the whole day. However, they do not take into consideration doubtful health benefits of coffee. Have a look at the various alternatives to coffee which will both break your caffeine dependence and boost your energy.
- Tea. As stated in Medical News Today, the most frequently, people consume water, and then tea. There are various types of tea, including green, white, and fruit tea, but each of them has an equally beneficial influence on your health. Tea is a source of both hydrates and antioxidants. Furthermore, it can reduce stress, improve the work of your brain and cardiovascular system, and decrease the chances of cancer. Additionally, it is not as caloric as a caffeinated drink.
- Natural Smoothies are an excellent substitute for coffee in the morning. However, try to make them low in sugar, so that the smoothie will be nutritious and healthy. It would also be a good option to add nuts, which contain a considerable amount of fiber and protein, into your drink.
- Wheatgrass is considered as the most natural and energetic juice. The beverage includes vitamins, nutrients, and other minerals fundamental to a good health condition.
- Lemon or Fruit Water. If you want to eliminate caffeinated drinks from your diet, adding lemon or other fruit to the water, particularly, strawberries or watermelon, will boost your energy and give the ordinary water a different taste. Such infused water makes it possible to obtain a necessary amount of hydrates.
- Licorice Tea. Many adults did not like licorice candies in their childhood, but now they admit their benefits. They lie in the maintenance of the adrenal glands responsible for an appropriate reaction to stress. According to Dr. Linda B. White and Steven Foster, the authors of The Herbal Drugstore, licorice itself is a tonic and energy enhancer. Additionally, people may add it to tea or consume as a tincture.
- Pomegranate Juice. Pure pomegranate juice is a tasty, energetic drink that can also be added to other beverages. Therefore, take a sip of the juice, or mix it with any kind of juices you prefer. Despite being an energy booster, it is a source of antioxidants. Additionally, nutritionists offer both a delicious and healthy recipe of the drink. It is a blend of the pomegranate juice, banana, berries, soy milk, and yoghurt.
- Flaxseed Shake. If your morning drink includes flaxseeds or flaxseed oil, it means that you will be awake and energetic during the whole day. To make your cool beverage high in fiber, add flaxseeds to your favorite yoghurt or just mix flaxseed oil with ice and frozen fruit. That will make your smoothie even more delicious and crunchy.
As you have probably noticed, there are various alternatives to coffee. These beverages will help you beat coffee addiction and drink in a healthy lifestyle.